Thursday, March 4, 2010

Vinnai Thandi Varuvaaya - Must watch!!!

Its been a really long time since I exhibited some life in the blogosphere :)
Many moments worth blogging have gone by since then, A Navi movie, 2 Weeks of hell with some stupid exams, Exciting but tiring professional life, A God's day out in Gwalior and so on...
I would like to blog about each one , hopefully it would follow soon.



This is about Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya a tamil movie by Gautham menon, Kakkha kakkha fame.. I have always been a fan of Gautham, and he did not disappoint me at all..
Its a feel good movie, and the hero and heroine did an excellent job to keep it that way. I find it really hard to believe in what I am going to say now, but it is true. Simbhu did not do a Simbhu in this movie. Everytime you see him in a movie, there is something that bottles up the character he is playing, but in here, he was awesome. The confused mind, the pressures of being in love, the pain , the youthfullness , every aspect of the character was well played, never over done. Its really an excellent break for this very talented person, hopefully he does not move in his father's or his own past...


Trisha , oh my god, seriously was she always this beautiful?? As my friend put it, Guys have an added incentive to watch this movie, and that is Trisha... Leave alone, kreedam(especially akkam pakkam song), I have never seen her this pretty... She was simply stunning.... Gautham has this uncanny ability of bringing out the best in his heroines. This according to me , till now has been trisha's best display of her ability to act and I would say , I am pleasantly surprised... She has done her part in the movie quite well. The on screen chemistry was awesome... The scene after the interval, where simbhu meets her in the middle of the night, wherein she acknowledges her love for him was the best...(See next image :)) What a moment that was!!!! Made me wonder, what the hell am I doing with my life ??? Believe me, If you are in love, you should watch this movie with your significant other... I unfortunately do not have the opportunity :( :( :(


Music is awesome. A.R.Rahman, as usual did a tremendous job. All the songs were a treat and this is currently the most sought after playlist on my Ipod since the release. The cinematography , especially of the songs has no match at all... Gautham always makes sure the songs are beautiful, never compromises on that...
Hosona,Manippaya, and the title number deserve a special mention :)...

Climax was the best part. The portrayal of the glaring difference between a movie and practical life was mind blowing... The twist, when we all thought all izz well was a shock... Actually felt a little bad in the end for the couple...




The hero plays an assistant director in the movie, and finally directs a movie dedicated to his love. The lead pair in the movie within the movie are actually the lead pair in the telugu version of VTV - YMC(Ye Maaya Chesave). Simbu-Trisha play the lead pair in the movie within the movie in the Telugu version... As usual the climax in the telugu version is different, unlike the tamil version, the lead pair in YMC get married in the end... Waiting to see it in telugu... Not sure how they managed this end...

If you ask me, the end was the most fascinating aspect of the movie delivering a strong message. While the intoxicating, chirpy nature of love is a treat to watch in a well made movie, practically it may not be the case... The anomaly the director brought about with the climax is commendable...



Vinnai Thandi Varuvaaya - Musically Romantic !! Don't miss it...

Rg

2 comments:

  1. good review.. and OMG, trisha looks really gorgeous in this movie.. what is it with women and saris? :) I haven't watched the movie yet.. only some parts of it on youtube.. simbhu, surprisingly for a change, isn't his usual irritating self I guess and that in itself is probably enough to watch the movie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Murali... Yes you should watch the movie.... Its not something we should miss....

    ReplyDelete